Posted to dev@pirk.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2017/03/22 21:06:12 UTC

[VOTE] Retire Apache Pirk (incubating)

It seems like the discussion had 1mos+ hasn't resulted in anyone with
time/ability/interest to continue the podling.

As such, per [1], here's an official VOTE for consensus on retirement
before we bring this to the IPMC.

+1: I am in favor of retiring the Pirk podling
-1: I am not in favor of retirement because...

This vote will be left open for at least 72hrs (~2100 2017/03/25 GMT)

- Josh

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html

Re: [VOTE] Retire Apache Pirk (incubating)

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Yes, time to close the vote.

Tim

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@apache.org>.
Hi Guys,

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
No rush on my part...

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Josh,

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1.  It appears prudent given the drop in momentum though the initial
growth and efforts were highly encouraging.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.
I was recently reading this article about using Homomorphic Encryption for
encrypted Deep Learning and building safe A.I. -
https://iamtrask.github.io/2017/03/17/safe-ai/

and Pirk with Pallier Encryption was the first thing that came to mind; and
the high relevance of Pirk as AI becomes more commonplace.

A very reluctant +1 (maybe :-) )

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacob Wilder <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1, with a heavy heart

--
—
Jacob Wilder

Re: [VOTE] Retire Apache Pirk (incubating)

Posted by Walter Ray-Dulany <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
(forgot to include my) +1