Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dave Pascoe <da...@mathworks.com> on 1998/09/24 11:06:28 UTC

mod_include/3059: '#include virtual' from CGI output broken on named-based virtuals

>Number:         3059
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       '#include virtual' from CGI output broken on named-based virtuals
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I switched what used to be the main server to a named-based
virtual host under Apache 1.3.1.  Apache doesn't execute SSIs that
get output from CGI code.  (Regular SSIs within .shtml files work fine)

Note: I have done extensive testing on this.....I am fairly sure it is a bug.

Here is the vhost config:
<VirtualHost vhost.mathworks.com>
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
ServerName vhost.mathworks.com
ServerAdmin dave@mathworks.com
DocumentRoot /docroot
TransferLog /somewherethatexists/accesslog
ErrorLog /somewherethatexists/errorlog
<Directory /docroot>
AllowOverride AuthConfig Limit Options
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks Includes Indexes
AddHandler cgi-script cgi
AddHandler cgi-script pl
AddHandler cgi-script pm
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

There are no more specific <Directory> definitions anywhere.

This works find under 1.3.1 *so long as it's not a name-based virtual host.*

This appears in the rendered HTML source (so it didn't execute):
<!--#include virtual="/sitenav_frame.shtml"-->
>How-To-Repeat:
Only available inside firewall....sorry!
>Fix:
Not yet.....haven't had time to go through the source and see what changed.
But from the Changelog it seems that mod_include has seen recent work.