Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2011/07/04 15:07:22 UTC

Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by JohnDorion

On 4 Jul 2011, at 13:28, Apache Wiki wrote:

> +  * [[http://www.rechtsanwalt-24.net/|Rechtsanwalt]] is a law-related platform using CouchDB for their search queries.

> +  * [[http://www.ehescheidung-jetzt.de/|Online Scheidung]] uses CouchDB for all their online applications.

Both of these are spam, as far as I can tell.

I find it depressing, and quite alarming, the spammers are reading the top of the page, seeing what we want from this part of the wiki, and then hand-crafting plausible explanations for how their spam site uses CouchDB. I wish I knew what to do about this. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to require proper case-studies, or to abandon the page.

Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by JohnDorion

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On 4 Jul 2011, at 18:50, Paul Davis wrote:

>> I find it depressing, and quite alarming, the spammers are reading the top of the page, seeing what we want from this part of the wiki, and then hand-crafting plausible explanations for how their spam site uses CouchDB. I wish I knew what to do about this. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to require proper case-studies, or to abandon the page.
>
> I've locked the page to only allow Noah access to this page for now.

Thanks.

I will send out an email with an update now.

Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by JohnDorion

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
All good questions -- for a different thread

Posted by till <ti...@php.net>.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
till,

Posted by till <ti...@php.net>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@echolibre.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
noah,

I removed this crap by hand. Edit/Save still works, the Revert thing
does not (but, hey, wikis are new, bound to be bugs).

B.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@echolibre.com>.