Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by John D'Orazio <jo...@cappellaniauniroma3.org> on 2020/11/16 21:19:44 UTC

Tools->Options->OpenOffice->Java freezing on Linux x64

Can anyone confirm if this is a real problem or if it's just me? When
launching OpenOffice 4.1.8 x64 on Linux (Ubuntu 18.04), if I open
Tools->Options->OpenOffice->Java , instead of listing the JREs on my system
after a minute or so, the whole OpenOffice instance just freezes. I've
tried a number of times on two different computers, even leaving it for
over 10 minutes, but no luck, I had to "sudo pkill -f soffice".

On one instance I believe I had a default JDK 15 when I installed
OpenOffice 4.1.8 and I wanted to make sure that OpenOffice would instead
use JDK 11, but I couldn't change it from this menu item.
On the other instance I had JDK 11 as the active java version.

I am using OpenJDK in both instances, on WSL 2 on Windows 10.

--
John R. D'Orazio

Re: Tools->Options->OpenOffice->Java freezing on Linux x64

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi,

Am 17.11.20 um 09:52 schrieb John D'Orazio:
> On WSL2 I start GUI programs by installing VcXSrv on Windows 10, and then
> in my bash profile I put:
> *export DISPLAY=$(awk '/nameserver / {print $2; exit}' /etc/resolv.conf
> 2>/dev/null):0*
> In order to get the Italian keyboard to work I have to set these parameters
> when setting up VcXSrv:
> -xkbmodel pc105 -xkblayout it -xkbvariant winkeys
Good to know, I might try that on my business notebook and shock my
colleagues! ;-)
> In any case I'm guessing this issue is probably due to the WSL2
> environment, which is kind of mixed with the Windows environment (it
> actually picks up the PATH environment variable from Windows!)

Maybe our detection code tries to find Java all the way down from
Windows root?

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by John D'Orazio <jo...@cappellaniauniroma3.org>.

--
don John R. D'Orazio
Cappellano Ingegneria e Scienze Roma Tre

Servizio di Cappellania - Università degli Studi Roma Tre
Piazzale San Paolo 1/d - 00120 Città del Vaticano
tel. +39 06-69880809 - cell. +39 333/2545447
E-Mail: *cappellania.uniroma3@gmail.com* <ca...@gmail.com> |
*cappellania@uniroma3.it* <ca...@uniroma3.it>
----
Sito Web: https://www.cappellaniauniroma3.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CappellaniaR3
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/cappellaniauniroma3/
Pagina Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cappellania.uniroma3
Gruppo Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cappellania.uniroma3
Pagina Google+: https://plus.google.com/+CappellaniaUniRoma3org
Community Google+: http://gplus.to/CappellaniaUniRoma3
LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/company/cappellania-universit-degli-studi-roma-tre
----
Per iscriversi al Calendario Pubblico della Cappellania (con account
gmail): [image: Iscriviti con Google Calendar]
<https://www.google.com/calendar/render?cid=8jugejikjtlks094p62hled6vs%40group.calendar.google.com>

Re: Tools->Options->OpenOffice->Java freezing on Linux x64

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi John,