Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/07 18:50:17 UTC

[smtp] Upgrade SMTPResponse To Use Java 1.5 Character Manipulation Methods?

SMTPResponse uses StringBuffer and avoids CharSequence. StringBuilder
should be quicker than StringBuffer but cannot be accessed safely from
concurrent threads.

would it be ok to update SMTPResponse to use StringBuffer and CharSequence?

- robert

Re: [smtp] Upgrade SMTPResponse To Use Java 1.5 Character Manipulation Methods?

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
I see no need why SMTPResponse needs to be threadsafe. So go ahead

+1
Norman