Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Udam Dewaraja <ud...@hotmail.com> on 2009/03/10 20:51:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Dynamically configuring proxy_balancer

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if the Load Balancer provided by Apache for its Web Server allows nodes to be added/removed dynamically.

I see that through the balancer_manager page, you can take configured nodes up or down. I also see that any changes to the configuration (adding/removing) nodes requires the web server to be restarted.

Is there any mod or configuration change that allows nodes to be added/removed dynamically? I do not have the luxury of being able to take down the LB for any period of time. Any help/direction will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Udam

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailĀ®.