Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Fei Meng <fm...@ncsu.edu> on 2013/06/14 00:37:21 UTC

ZooInspector on Mac OS X

Hi there,

I am setting up Helix on Mac OS X and I'd like to run ZooInspector on
the same machine. Since there is just zookeeper jar download, I got
the fresh zookeeper package from apache website and build it (just
"ant" in the root directory).

After I got the
"contrib/ZooInspector/zookeeper-3.4.5-ZooInspector.jar". Then I copied
the linux zooinspector bash (also resolved a few missing jars) to run:
java -cp /path/to/zookeeper-3.4.5-ZooInspector.jar:/path/to/zookeeper-3.4.5.jar:/path/to/log4j-1.2.15.jar:/path/to/slf4j-api.jar:/path/to/slf4j-log4j12.jar

The zooinspector could be run but the right panel is empty. When I
click any node on the left side, nothing shows up. I suspect some
swing related libraries are missing. Does anyone find how to resolve
this? Thanks!

Best,
Fei Meng
Ph.D student from North Carolina State University

Re: ZooInspector on Mac OS X

Posted by Fei Meng <fm...@ncsu.edu>.
Thanks Santiago and Kishore. Santiago's way of running seems to load
the swing library based on the the on-screen printout. However, I got
another error:
2013-06-14 08:45:39,033 [myid:] - ERROR [main:ZooInspectorPanel@76] -
Error loading default node viewers.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: # Licensed to the Apache Software
Foundation (ASF) under one or more
at org.apache.zookeeper.inspector.gui.ZooInspectorPanel.<init>(ZooInspectorPanel.java:72)
at org.apache.zookeeper.inspector.ZooInspector.main(ZooInspector.java:45)

When I hit the green button and type in the host:port, it is the same
as before, with the right panel (which I assume is the node viewer)
showing nothing.

Any thoughts?
Best,
Fei