Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil.INVALID> on 2019/03/20 16:51:45 UTC

RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: PopUpManager question

Carlos,
     I did look into that.  But it was too simplified for us as an enterprise solution.  We needed the holistic approach to all popup types; it's the only way to keep the layers straight.  Multi-level / layered popups, alerts, notification handling / toasts / snackbar, and we will add in a tooltip manager (for multiple active tooltips, imagine chart usage) to it.  This means several managed arrays for the different sets of layers; would have preferred vectors over arrays.  Whereas the flex side we only had to add one additional manager for our notification / toast / snackbar support and some side utils.

    BTW I do appreciate the work you've (and others) put into Jewel.  It's looking good.  We actually use it as a base right now for testing and modify it for our needs from there.  Our goal at this point is get the basics done in the royale side and redo some of our libraries so it can be used on either royale or the air / flex side.  We came to the realization that the layout from the CSS side of things is too powerful to be held back by trying to use flex/air styled layout.  So the views we have just will not work on both sides of the house.  We will however work to keep the business logic the same, but it means creating things on the royale side that are missing to match previous features.

    Next up will work on Collections (ArrayCollection and VectorCollection) since we use those heavily.  We use the events, sorting, filtering, addItem, contains, disable/enable autoupdate, getItemAt, itemUpdated, refresh, removeItemAt, setItemAt, and interface ICollecitonView references features.   Well that's if we have some time left on it this week.  I have to swap projects again next week and back on to main support for a few more weeks then I'll see if I can squeeze in more time here again.

-Mark K

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,

El mié., 20 mar. 2019 a las 17:52, Kessler CTR Mark J
(<ma...@usmc.mil.invalid>) escribió:

> Carlos,
>      I did look into that.  But it was too simplified for us as an
> enterprise solution.  We needed the holistic approach to all popup types;
> it's the only way to keep the layers straight.  Multi-level / layered
> popups, alerts, notification handling / toasts / snackbar, and we will add
> in a tooltip manager (for multiple active tooltips, imagine chart usage) to
> it.  This means several managed arrays for the different sets of layers;
> would have preferred vectors over arrays.  Whereas the flex side we only
> had to add one additional manager for our notification / toast / snackbar
> support and some side utils.

Take into account that Jewel already has most of the things you mention:
Alert, PopUp, SnackBar, ToolTip...maybe you just need to do some managers,
beads, or things that complete your needs. And if designed as a framework
class/component you can submit as a Pull Request and propose to merge. Or
better comment first here and propose additions. In that way we continue
growing as a project and as a community

>     BTW I do appreciate the work you've (and others) put into Jewel.  It's
> looking good.  We actually use it as a base right now for testing and
> modify it for our needs from there.

Great to know others are already using Jewel! :)

> Our goal at this point is get the basics done in the royale side and redo
> some of our libraries so it can be used on either royale or the air / flex
> side.  We came to the realization that the layout from the CSS side of
> things is too powerful to be held back by trying to use flex/air styled
> layout.  So the views we have just will not work on both sides of the
> house.  We will however work to keep the business logic the same, but it
> means creating things on the royale side that are missing to match previous
> features.
>
>     Next up will work on Collections (ArrayCollection and
> VectorCollection) since we use those heavily.  We use the events, sorting,
> filtering, addItem, contains, disable/enable autoupdate, getItemAt,
> itemUpdated, refresh, removeItemAt, setItemAt, and interface
> ICollecitonView references features.   Well that's if we have some time
> left on it this week.  I have to swap projects again next week and back on
> to main support for a few more weeks then I'll see if I can squeeze in more
> time here again.

We are about to share ArrayListView that is like ListCollectionView and
provides filtering and sorting using the MX classes (Sort, SortField)
Greg should share this today or tomorrow hopefully.
Just take into account. Remember that Jewel uses ArrayList instead of
ArrayCollection. And AMF is capable to use AL instead of AC
About addItem, removeItem, updateItem, remember as well that this is
implemented as beads. If you need the addItem functionality to add an item
to a List just add the bead.
All of this there's examples in TDJ

HTH

Carlos