Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/24 22:36:44 UTC

Re: AW: How to manage flex-utilities git repo

(Sorry for the long delay in responding)

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 11/4/14, 7:52 AM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >We agreed a while ago to move TDF to the flex-examples repo.  I still
> >think
> >that is the best place for TDF.
>
> There’s other stuff in flex-examples besides TDF Mobile.  I think the
> whole goal of splitting Git repos is to get one repo per release package.
> IIRC, the issue was merging develop branches back into trunk and having to
> merge changes from all non-released folders when merging.
>
> What do we see for the future of TDF Mobile?  Will it be the tied to
> regular TDF releases?  I’m ok with moving TDF Mobile and TDF into a single
> repo, or moving other stuff out of flex-examples.

I think TDF Mobile would be seeing regular releases in the future.  I don't
think it will be tied to the regular TDF release.

BTW, for folks who are not following, TDF = Tour De Flex - a set of code
examples lumped into an app.

+1 for moving TDF and TDF Mobile into a single repo.

Thanks,
Om