Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Gaiser, Matthias" <Ma...@t-systems.com> on 2008/12/03 16:23:30 UTC

Multiple services.xml, one serviceGroup

Hi,

I am implementing session-based web services. We use the
servicegroup-based session.

Since I have a lot of services, I want to have single services.xml files
for each service. But in order to have them share the same session, I
must have them in the same serviceGroup.

Is it possible to have services in different services.xml but still in
the same servicegroup??

Thank you for your help,

Matthias.

AW: AW: AW: AW: Multiple services.xml, one serviceGroup

Posted by "Gaiser, Matthias" <Ma...@t-systems.com>.
Yes, you're right. You can only provide general solutions for most use cases which unfortunately does not cover mine. If I get a good idea, how I can handle it without implementing everything by myself, I'll let this list know.

Thank you for your effort, Deepal.
Matthias.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
> Thank you again for you answer.
>
> I don't really like the idea that I have to implement the session handling myself using the ConfigurationContext. I thought I could use a nice feature of the axis2 framework.. mm.. maybe I can think of other solutions or maybe I can somehow redesign my services.
> If anyone has an idea, I'll be happy to hear about it.

I agree (and I am sorry for not giving the solution you want) , but as
you can understand it is very difficult to support all the user
scenarios. So that is why we have identify  for common types of sessions
and implemented session management support for those. That does not mean
one can not implement new session scope on Axis2 , he can of course do
that adding few handlers.

Thank you!
Deepal
> Matthias.
>

>>> But am I not running into problems when two clients are using the
>>>
>> same service. They would use the same ConfigurationContext, wouldn't
>> they? That way values from different sessions could be mixed up.
>>
>> Yes , with configuration context you will have threading issues. I am
>> sorry I forgot to tell you about that in the first place. Since there
>> are only one ConfigurationContext you will have those problem.
>>
>>> If it is not that way, I'd be happy to take the ConfigurationContext.
>>>
>> But I can't imagine how Axis should figure out which call belongs to
>> which session without a corresponding session id.
>>
>> I think if you store your values with some kind of custom session ID ,
>> then you will not have any problem.
>>
>> Deepal
>>
>>> Thank you for any help,
>>> Matthias.

Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org

AW: AW: AW: Multiple services.xml, one serviceGroup

Posted by "Gaiser, Matthias" <Ma...@t-systems.com>.

Re: AW: AW: Multiple services.xml, one serviceGroup

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.

> But am I not running into problems when two clients are using the same service. They would use the same ConfigurationContext, wouldn't they? That way values from different sessions could be mixed up.

Yes , with configuration context you will have threading issues. I am
sorry I forgot to tell you about that in the first place. Since there
are only one ConfigurationContext you will have those problem.
> If it is not that way, I'd be happy to take the ConfigurationContext. But I can't imagine how Axis should figure out which call belongs to which session without a corresponding session id.

I think if you store your values with some kind of custom session ID ,
then you will not have any problem.

Deepal
> Thank you for any help,
> Matthias.

Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org

AW: AW: Multiple services.xml, one serviceGroup

Posted by "Gaiser, Matthias" <Ma...@t-systems.com>.
Thank you for clarifying that, Deepal.
Yes, it is a pretty simple way to store the values just inside the ConfigurationContext.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
> Deepal,
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> Is Axis2 supporting me somehow if I want to maintain the session via the configuration context?

Yes , you do not need to do anything other than storing your data in the
configuration context.
> Do I then have to set a SOAP-Header with a session id myself?
> Isn't there only one configuration context per webapplication?

When you store something in the configuration context you do not need
the session ID , except the key of the value you store is the session ID.
> I could think of possible solutions with the configuration context, but this would mean, that I have to implement the session handling all by myself. Am I missing something out?

Nope , just store your values there and access whenever you need that.

Thank you!
Deepal
> Thanks,
> Matthias.

Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org

AW: Multiple services.xml, one serviceGroup

Posted by "Gaiser, Matthias" <Ma...@t-systems.com>.
Deepal,

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

--