Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/11/22 13:47:41 UTC

[DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache PLC4X 0.5.0 released

The Apache PLC4X team is pleased to announce the release of Apache PLC4X 0.4.0

PLC4X is a set of libraries for communicating with industrial programmable
logic controllers (PLCs) using a variety of protocols but with a shared API.

The current release contains drivers able to communicate with
industrial PLCs using one of the following protocols:

  *   Siemens S7-STEP7
  *   Beckhoff ADS
  *   Modbus
  *   EtherNet/IP
  *   OPC-UA
  *   AB-ETH

Beyond that we also provide integration modules for the following
Apache projects and frameworks:

  *   Apache Calcite
  *   Apache Camel
  *   Apache Edgent (Incubating)
  *   Apache Kafka (Kafka Connect)
  *   Apache Karaf
  *   Apache NiFi
  *   Elastic LogStash

Starting with this release, we are proud to announce the availability
of first API versions in:

  *   Java

We are also working on versions in:

  *   C++
  *   C#/.NET
  *   Python

However there are currently no driver implementations for any language
other than Java yet.
So please consider these technology previews.

Visit the Apache PLC4X website [1] for general information or
the downloads page [2] for release notes and download information.

RELEASE NOTES

This is the first release containing our new generated drivers (AB-ETH)

New Features
------------

- Implemented a new Apache Kafka Connect integration module
- Implemented a new Apache NiFi integration module
- Implemented a new Logstash integration module
- Implemented a driver for the AB-ETH protocol
- Implemented Apache Karaf features for S7 OSGI drivers
- PLC4X-121    Develop Code Generation to allow Generated Drivers in multiple Languages

Sandbox (Beta-Features)
- Implemented a new BACnet/IP passive mode driver
- Implemented a new Serial DF1 driver

Incompatible changes
--------------------

Bug Fixes
---------

- PLC4X-104    S7 Driver Datatype TIME_OF_DAY causes ArrayOutOfBoundException
- PLC4X-134    S7 is terminating the connection during handshake
- PLC4X-139    PLC4X leaks sockets in case of connection problems
- PLC4X-141    String with real length of greater 127 throw an exception
- PLC4X-144    When requesting invalid addresses, the DefaultS7MessageProcessor produces errors

Regards,
The Apache PLC4X team

[1] http://plc4x.apache.org
[2] http://plc4x.apache.org/users/download.html

Re: [DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache PLC4X 0.5.0 released

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
__

Ich würde einfach schreiben:

"With this release all PLC4J modules are valid OSGi Bundles"

Oder sowas?

Am 25.11.19, 14:21 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    So should I write?

    - This time we bring you not only bundles that support being loaded by OSGI containers, but also ones that actually work __

    Chris

    Am 25.11.19, 08:58 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

        Hi,

        agree... I would also like to emphasizte full OSGI Compatibility of all our modules from this module on and Karaf features.
        Yes, we already had this before, technically, but it was not working... : )

        Julian

        Am 22.11.19, 14:50 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

            Ok .. perhaps I should rephrase the "We are proud to announce availability in Java" a little ...

            Perhaps I should instead write:

            Wie provide full functionality in Java and first technical previews without drivers in these language: ....

            Chris