Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "O.Yaromchik" <oy...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/09 11:25:22 UTC

ConsumerInfo shows wrong number of consumers

We have consumer on a queue in our project and spring's ScheduledTimerTask
which closes, releases reference on it, then creates and starts a new one
periodically (ones per 6 hours). When application stays idle for a long time
and consumer stays idle too, ConsumerInfo shows number of consumers > 1.
Then we put message in queue and after that number of consumers becomes 1.
Why does ConsumerInfo show wrong number of consumers? Can broker hold dead
references on consumers and destroy them only if message enters queue?

ActiveMQ 5.1.0
Windows XP

Re: ConsumerInfo shows wrong number of consumers

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi, there is currently a known issue that ConsumerInfo shows total number of
consumers instead of just those for the specific destination

if you're using advisory messages, you might be hit by this bug.

Can you check what consumers JConsole shows, when this situation occurs?

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net