Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy C <an...@r2-dvd.org> on 2001/04/11 21:11:33 UTC

Fed up to the back teeth with tomcat !!!

I am fed up to the back teeth with Tomcat under Apache.  I'm trying to run
a 24/7 web page servinbg around 20,000 .jsp pages a day and I'v ehad
to reset the damn server 3 times today already.

It keeps falling over
****with absolutly no error  *** log messages at all.  I am at my wits end,
not
to mention my poor users who have had to put up with this service for the
past month.  I am totaly lost now as to where to look for solutions

So can someone please recomend a good webserver that will run .jsp and
servlets pages and integrates well with a SQL server ?  I used to
run Java Webserver 2.0 would going back to that help ?

Andy C
Editor R2 Project
http://www.r2-dvd.org
(lets hopr you don't see a 500 internal error message.)

RE: Fed up to the back teeth with tomcat !!!

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
I'm in the same situation, we're using tomcat to serve up between 1000-5000
jsp's per day.  If this thing is going to start crashing for no reason, it
would be nice to know in advance so that we can switch before we get too far
into it.  Does anyone have any more information about this?

This scares me as I'm about to deploy my first big Apache/Tomcat/Postgre
site with 3.2.1...

Any ideas/solutions the developers can offer would be appreciated.

Hunter

Posted by Hunter Hillegas <li...@lastonepicked.com>.

Posted by Simon Chatfield <si...@inteflux.com>.
I'm using tomcat 3.2.1 on a linux 6.2 machine, same problem with jdk's 1.2.2
and 1.3v2