Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH" <s....@proio.com> on 2016/01/07 02:09:54 UTC

Working Debian template

Hi,

does someone created a working template with Debian 7 for CS?
I used http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.6/templates.html#creating-a-linux-template but still have a problem with /etc/hosts.
I also tried https://gist.github.com/makuk66/6379642 and the fork at https://gist.github.com/srics/8e59654004fc38bed9fe

But I can still see "127.0.1.1 localhost.cs2cloud.internal localhost" and no replacement with the dhcp ip and the active hostname. hostname itself was changed to the correct one.

Any ideas?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: Working Debian template

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
> Do I need to do some changes on CS?

No just on the template. /etc/cloud/cloud-config if memory serves me
correctly.

> Will change password script of CS still work if I use cloud-init?

Yes.
http://shankerbalan.net/blog/cloud-init-supports-cloudstack-as-data-source/

AW: Working Debian template

Re: Working Debian template

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.

AW: Working Debian template

We have created a few of these for projects, using the same documents
if you want a quick template you can try http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/debian/vanilla/old/x86_64/

Thanks
Glenn

 Glenn Wagner

 Senior Consultant
 ,
 ShapeBlue

 d:
  | s: +27 21 527 0091

 m:
 +27 73 917 4111

 e:
 glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com | t:

 w:
 www.shapeblue.com

 a:
 2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West Cape Town 7130 South Africa

 Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

Re: Working Debian template

Posted by Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi,

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Glenn Wagner
Senior Consultant       ,       ShapeBlue

d:       | s: +27 21 527 0091<tel:|%20s:%20+27%2021%20527%200091>        |      m:      +27 73 917 4111<tel:+27%2073%20917%204111>

e:      glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com | t: <mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:>     |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West Cape Town 7130 South Africa

[cid:image4f4df2.png@03dd5317.46947031]

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//> | CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> | CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> | CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>