Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Church Michael R <MR...@qinetiq.com> on 2006/01/31 18:50:31 UTC

Jetspeed 2 Multi-DB Installer with MySQL

Listers,

I installed my existing Jetspeed2 installation using the Jetspeed2 Installer
that has Derby as the embedded database. Since I want to use MySQL as my
database, I am going to throw this installation away, and start over with
the Jetspeed2 Multi-DB Installer.

Reading the installation guide, I am told I will have to supply some values
during the installation. Here are my best guesses for these values:

    Database Type: mysql
    User Name: jetspeed2
    Password: <my choice> == password of MySQL user jetspeed2
    JDBC Connection String: <I have no idea>
    JDBC Driver Name: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    Location of JDBC Driver: C:/mysql-connector-java-3.1.12/
mysql-connector-java-3.1.12-bin.jar

Can somebody provide me with an example of a JDBC Connection String? Is it
something like:

    jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Church
Software Engineering

QinetiQ
Bldg Lovell Rm 109
Malvern Technology Centre
St. Andrews Road, Malvern
Worcestershire, WR14 3PS
Tel:
01684 896085
Email:
mrchurch@QinetiQ.com
Web:
www.QinetiQ.com
QinetiQ - The Global Defence and Security Experts.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to QinetiQ may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.

Re: Jetspeed 2 Multi-DB Installer with MySQL

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.
Church Michael R <MRCHURCH <at> qinetiq.com> writes:

> Can somebody provide me with an example of a JDBC Connection String? Is it
> something like:
>
>     jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/

jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/<db_name>

so if your db is named j2, then it is: