Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mili <mi...@yahoo.de> on 2011/12/26 17:32:40 UTC

adjust my web application for smartphone like iPhone

I want to adjust my web application for smartphones. have wicket a function,
who the app can ajust automatically the size of the content.

Thank you for your Help!

Re: AW: adjust my web application for smartphone like iPhone

Posted by mili <mi...@yahoo.de>.
Thank you very much for yours helps. I wish all you happy new year!

Re: AW: adjust my web application for smartphone like iPhone

Posted by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk>.
Both excellent suggestions - thanks!

The thought had struck me that this problem is similar to localisation.
Perhaps I could extend certain components to accept a style as well as a
locale where necessary.

David Legg

Re: AW: adjust my web application for smartphone like iPhone

Posted by Serban Balamaci <se...@asf.ro>.
Hi,
The way I do this is to use the style attribute in the wicket session.
Wicket's default ResourceStreamLocator looks for files with the pattern
filename_style_locale.html and falls back to filename.html

So I have a RequestCycleListener that decides based on headers what type of
a request it is, and sets the style on the session, say for ex. "mobile".
Wicket in turn serves pages TemplatePage_mobile.html if it finds it,
otherwise it falls back to TemplatePage.html
So I can contribute the mobile.css and have a complete custom mobile view of
the page in a customized _mobile.html if I need to, otherwise the same
version used for desktop is being served.

-----
http://balamaci.wordpress.com

Re: AW: adjust my web application for smartphone like iPhone

Posted by Jeff Schneller <je...@mootus.com>.
There was a posting about this about a year ago in regards to Walmart's mobile site.  I believe the best way to handle this is use the idea of localization. Basically create localized versions of your pages using the wicket built in tools. Instead of basing localization off of country/language use the browser type and device type. There are examples to do localization in wicketstuff examples.

Posted by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk>.

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.