Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Mearns <bm...@ieee.org> on 2008/11/24 16:57:07 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Repost: is this the right list ??? Need "configure" directive to static link libssl.a on AIX 5.3

Sorry, I can't help you, but yes, this is the write lis, so hopefully
someone else can.

-Brian

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Bennett, Tony
<Be...@con-way.com> wrote:
> Version:        Apache httpd version 2.2.10
> Platform:       AIX 5.3
> Compiler:           IBM "C" for AIX version 8.0
> SSL Version:    OpenSSL 0.9.8f
>

> Try as I might, I can't figure out what directive to give "configure" to enable
> statically linking libssl.a and libcrypto.a  into  httpd.
>
> In case it makes a difference, the OpenSSL was obtained from IBM,
> via the "AIX Toolbox Cryptographic Content" link off of their Linux Toolbox download page.
>
> Lastly, here is a link to the answer I got from the comp.unix.aix list telling me
> that static linking is possible:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.aix/browse_thread/thread/230606fe96ad4798?hl=en#
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> -tony

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: https://keyserver.pgp.com

Re: [users@httpd] Repost: is this the right list ??? Need "configure" directive to static link libssl.a on AIX 5.3

Posted by Morgan Gangwere <0....@gmail.com>.
Brian Mearns wrote:
> Sorry, I can't help you, but yes, this is the write lis, so hopefully
> someone else can.
>
> -Brian
>
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Bennett, Tony
> <Be...@con-way.com> wrote:
>> Version:        Apache httpd version 2.2.10
>> Platform:       AIX 5.3
>> Compiler:           IBM "C" for AIX version 8.0
>> SSL Version:    OpenSSL 0.9.8f
>>

>> Try as I might, I can't figure out what directive to give "configure" to enable
>> statically linking libssl.a and libcrypto.a  into  httpd.
>>
>> In case it makes a difference, the OpenSSL was obtained from IBM,
>> via the "AIX Toolbox Cryptographic Content" link off of their Linux Toolbox download page.
>>
>> Lastly, here is a link to the answer I got from the comp.unix.aix list telling me
>> that static linking is possible:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.aix/browse_thread/thread/230606fe96ad4798?hl=en#
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

My only suggestion is to use GCC (if at all possible) and google around
for "Static link SSL into Apache +aix" or something along those lines.
After that, Since i'm a Windows/Linux guy, i cant help you.

--
Morgan Gangwere
Unknown Software