Posted to announce@apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2013/03/05 18:01:03 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] ApacheDS 2.0.0-M11 released

The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of
ApacheDS 2.0.0-M11, the eleventh milestone towards a 2.0 version.

ApacheDS is an extensible and embeddable directory server entirely
written in Java, which has been certified LDAPv3 compatible by the
Open Group.

Besides LDAP it supports Kerberos 5 and the Change Password Protocol.
It has been designed to introduce triggers, stored procedures, queues
and views to the world of LDAP which has lacked these rich constructs.

Here are the release notes for Apache Directory ApacheDS 2.0.0-M11:
   Bug

 * DIRSERVER-1281 - StreamCorruptedException after brutal shutdown
 * DIRSERVER-1797 - The AdministrativeRole AT is not indexed, leadings
to huge delay when starting the server
 * DIRSERVER-1798 - The AdministrativePoint interceptor is always
activated, even if it's not part of the config
 * DIRSERVER-1799 - When deleting values from an existing entry, the
presence index might get out of date
 * DIRSERVER-1802 - Disabling an authenticator results in a NPE
 * DIRSERVER-1803 - When the SimpleAuthenticator is disabled, and the
auth level is set to SIMPLE, we can bind freely
 * DIRSERVER-1804 - [patch] Fix ApacheDS code to allow control and
reduce number of outputted logs
 * DIRSERVER-1805 - The replication janitor thread is not stopped
correctly when teh server is stopped
 * DIRKRB-85 - @CreateKdcServer should include searchBaseDn attribute

   Improvement

 * DIRSERVER-1321 - Clarify relationship between partition.syncOnWrite
and apacheDS.syncPeriodMillis configuration attributes
 * DIRSERVER-1322 - Autoinferring context entry
 * DIRSERVER-1808 - We should evaluate the Scope and any other index
in a fliter only when the # of candidate is above a threshold
 * DIRKRB-86 - The Kerberos server badly need some logging...
We also fixed some serious issues with the way indexes where handled
(the base was doomed after a crash or a brutal stop), many fixes has
been intergated in the Kerberos code, and some performance improvements
have been added for the entry modifications.

Note that this is a milestone, and some parts of the API or
configuration can change before the 2.0 GA. We don't have any defined
time frame for the 2.0-G1 release, we do expect to release a few more
milestones before reaching the 2.0-GA.

Website : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds

Download : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/downloads.html

User's Guide : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-users-guide.html