Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2011/10/26 13:39:29 UTC

Too many values for UnInvertedField faceting on field autocompleteField

I am getting this SolrException "Too many values for UnInvertedField
faceting on field autocompleteField".
Already added facet.method=enum to my search handler definition but
still this exception does happen.

Any known fix or workaround whan i can do to get a result?

regards

Torsten

Re: Too many values for UnInvertedField faceting on field autocompleteField

Posted by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de>.
Am Mittwoch, den 26.10.2011, 08:02 -0400 schrieb Yonik Seeley:
> You can also try adding facet.method=enum directly to your request

Added

      query.set("facet.method", "enum");

to my solr query at code level and now it works. Don't know why the
handler stuff gets ignored or overriden, but its ok for my usecase to
specify it at query level.

thx

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Torsten Krah
<tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
> I am getting this SolrException "Too many values for UnInvertedField
> faceting on field autocompleteField".
> Already added facet.method=enum to my search handler definition but
> still this exception does happen.

The facet.method is not taking effect for some reason....
UnInvertedField is *only* used when facet.method=fc on a multivalued
field.
Maybe you have another facet.method=fc somewhere, or a per-field
override, or maybe you forgot to restart solr, or maybe there's some
other configuration bug.
Add facet=false&echoParams=all on a request to your handler to see all
of the request params echoed back in the response.
You can also try adding facet.method=enum directly to your request.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com