Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2015/08/06 17:43:40 UTC

Ubuntu build server git complaints

Hi,

CI is the gift that keeps on giving. Most recently, we've seen a whole
bunch of build failures involving git, e.g.[0]. Usually, they are
"easily fixed" when the contributor rebases their branch upon current
master.

I wonder why we don't see the same on the windows side? Could it be that
we hosed some file name capitalizations, which Windows conveniently ignores?

Markus

[0]: https://builds.apache.org/job/Reef-pull-request-ubuntu/250/console

Re: Ubuntu build server git complaints

Posted by Brian Cho <ch...@gmail.com>.
Andrew:
After login on the top-right, the Rebuild option appears on the left
sidebar. It may be that login is only available to committers though.

Markus:
It looks like the “just try another Rebuild” workaround isn’t working very
well for recent builds. We’ve also noticed some general insanity. In [1]
the only change was to a script file, but Jenkins decided that changes from
February were relevant.

Changes

   1. [REEF-118 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-118>] Add
   Shimoga library for elastic group communication. (commit:
   45f731809cada3fd72af2c3d588811d36abb642e
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-reef/commit/45f731809cada3fd72af2c3d588811d36abb642e>)
   (detail
   <https://builds.apache.org/job/Reef-pull-request-ubuntu/244/changes#detail0>
   )
   2. move tron.math from shimoga examples to utils.math and use it for all
   examples. Have not moved stuff into reef-examples and reef-io yet (commit:
   3364cb59593568e6e51802b0e9be3986ce11198d
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-reef/commit/3364cb59593568e6e51802b0e9be3986ce11198d>)
   (detail
   <https://builds.apache.org/job/Reef-pull-request-ubuntu/244/changes#detail1>
   )

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/Reef-pull-request-ubuntu/244/

Posted by Andrew Chung <af...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian,

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
I think we clone each time we build. The network bw from the jenkins server
seems to be small.
The current timeout for git operations (clone, checkout) is 10 minutes. We
should increase it.

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Ubuntu build server git complaints