Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Helena Edelson <he...@greenjaguar.com> on 2006/03/22 14:22:33 UTC

Forrest server engine question

Hi,
I already run forrest apps but am setting up a new hosting account to
start fresh with pure Cocoon.
Between tomcat, forrest/forrestbot, cocoon, I need no other engines for
my forrest apps to run, correct?
(I can do free install of jboss, geronimo, jrun but I have pretty much
stopped doing j2ee apps
bcause Forrest/Cocoon is so much fun) :-)

thank you

-- helena

Re: Forrest server engine question

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Helena Edelson wrote:
> Hi,
> I already run forrest apps but am setting up a new hosting account to
> start fresh with pure Cocoon.
> Between tomcat, forrest/forrestbot, cocoon, I need no other engines for
> my forrest apps to run, correct?
> (I can do free install of jboss, geronimo, jrun but I have pretty much
> stopped doing j2ee apps
> bcause Forrest/Cocoon is so much fun) :-)

If i understand your question, yes, Cocoon webapps
and Forrest webapps can be run side-by-side in the
same servlet container, e.g. Jetty or Apache Tomcat.

The Forrest webapps (and the forrestbot web interface)
use their own packaged Cocoon.

However, look at our issue tracker. There have been
some issues with 'forrest war' etc. I have also
seen some issues that i cannot yet describe.

-David