Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Matthew Vanbiervliet <mv...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/22 08:45:54 UTC

continuum scheduled "forced" build

Hi,

Is there a way to force Continuum to build a project even if there are no
changes in the source repository ?
What I try to achieve is to have Continuum build a snapshot using a
different profile every night, even if there were no changes. I have two
schedules attached to the project :

- The default one which runs every hour
- A second one that runs at 1 AM every night.

Now the problem is that, when I commit changes, let's say at 7:35 PM, the
scheduled build at 8 pm will detect these changes and perform a build.
At 1 AM, a cvs update is run, but no changes are detected since there
weren't any new commits since 7:35 PM...

I'd like to have this specific build, build a snapshot and deploy it on our
private repository, so that we always have a latest snapshot deployed every
day (and an up to date doc).
To be able to achieve this, the second schedule should start a "forced"
build...(using a argument ? )

A workaround would be to have the project twice in continuum, one copy with
the default schedule and one copy with the second schedule, but i'd prefere
to avoid this overhead...It still has an advantage though : if no changes
were made at all one day, then there wouldn't be an unnecessary deployment
the next night.

Do you see how I can do that ? Or any better suggestion ?

Thanks for your help

--
Matthew Vanbiervliet
Accelior Consulting

Re: continuum scheduled "forced" build

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
It will be possible only in 1.1 but not in 1.0.3, sorry.

Emmanuel

Posted by Tomislav Stojcevich <st...@gmail.com>.

--
tom