Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@salesforce.com> on 2016/07/09 18:25:52 UTC

Fwd: Warning from dev@juneau.incubator.apache.org

Anyone know what exactly these warning messages are that I occasionally
get?  As far as I can tell, I am still receiving the messages that ezmlm
says are bouncing.

Date: 27 Jun 2016 14:20:29 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@apache.org
To: dev-return-4-@juneau.incubator.apache.org
Subject: failure notice

--
James Bognar

Re: Warning from dev@juneau.incubator.apache.org

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
I believe I saw an explanation elsewhere that it might be gmail actively
denying some messages because it thinks they are spam.

I get a few bounces now and again across various lists, but definitely
not such a list that you have below. Have you looked at any of the
messages to see if they were spam (following the provided instructions
by ezmlm to have them sent to you) before reaching out to infra for help?

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2016-07-10 at 20:52 -0700, Danese Cooper wrote:
> I get these in spates. As James says they don't seem to cause real trouble so I have learned to ignore them. They only happen between Apache mail server and Gmail.

It's not just gmail, nor just any-mail.

It was those messages that persuaded me to stitch to using
my @apache.org address when I sign up to an apache list
(10+ years ago).  Delivering to an @apache.org address
triggers them too.

--