Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mário Gamito <li...@tuxdoit.com> on 2005/03/11 10:36:18 UTC

[users@httpd] This completely beats me

Hi,

I'm developing this mini site, and i'm getting an error that completely
beats me.

To make it more easly to see, i ask you to, please, visit
http://www.dte.ua.pt/cv/ and click on "Registar" on the left column.

You'll enter a small register form (the names of the fields are in
portuguese, but the words are very similar to the correspondent one in
English).

Try, for instance, to click in the submit button without having filled
any of the form's field.
You'll get a popup saying that "you didn't filled all the fields"

Try to register with a password lesser then 8 characters.
You'll get the same kind of warning.

Now, the problem...
Try to register properly (don't worry, the site isn't yet in
production), but this time choose two passwords that are 8 characters
long, *but that doesn't match*.

You'll get a popup that was suposed show you a message warning you, but
the popup gives you a 404.
Well, i'm pretty sure (i've checked a dozen times) that the file does
realy exist and has the same name as in the file that trigers it.
The code is *exactly the same* as for the other popups, the flie has the
righht permissions and ownership (same as the others), but in fact i get
this 404 and i'm totally stuck on this tiny, yet important, thing.

Another curious thing is that this 404 error doesn't appear in the
Apache logs.

Any ideas ?
I'm going nuts with this.

Any help would be apreciated.

Warm regards,
Mário Gamito

Re: [users@httpd] This completely beats me

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.
> Try, for instance, to click in the submit button without having filled
> any of the form's field.
> You'll get a popup saying that "you didn't filled all the fields"
>
> Try to register with a password lesser then 8 characters.
> You'll get the same kind of warning.
>
> Now, the problem...
> Try to register properly (don't worry, the site isn't yet in
> production), but this time choose two passwords that are 8 characters
> long, *but that doesn't match*.
>
> You'll get a popup that was suposed show you a message warning you, but
> the popup gives you a 404.
> Well, i'm pretty sure (i've checked a dozen times) that the file does
> realy exist and has the same name as in the file that trigers it.
> The code is *exactly the same* as for the other popups, the flie has the
> righht permissions and ownership (same as the others), but in fact i get
> this 404 and i'm totally stuck on this tiny, yet important, thing.

You are really sure the page is available at
http://www.dte.ua.pt/cv/invalid_formed_email.php ?
Please , let us see a directory listing of that place (you can obscure
non related files) and a little piece of the log (error log) when
getting that page.

I was trying to look out for the opening popup function without luck. I
noticed that the form is done <form
action='https://www.dte.ua.pt/cv/register_action.php?code=$barfles
method="post" name='register_form'>.. that $barfles is supposed to go
there ??