Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by jo...@pulsen.se on 2007/03/06 12:47:56 UTC

No implementation defined for org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with the following problem we are having using
axis:

We have a simple piece of code to call a webservice. This works fine when
we run the program
from the command line (java -cp ....... prog.class).

However, we put the same code into a db2 stored procedure, compile, deploy
and then call the stored procedure and we get the
following error:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.<clinit>(BasicHandler.java:43)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:113)
        at
com.cdyne.ws.EmailVerNoTestEmailLocator.<init>(EmailVerNoTestEmailLocator.java:18)
        at
com.cdyne.ws.EmailVerNoTestEmailSoapProxy._initEmailVerNoTestEmailSoapProxy(EmailVerNoTestEmailSoapProxy.java:13)
        at
com.cdyne.ws.EmailVerNoTestEmailSoapProxy.<init>(EmailVerNoTestEmailSoapProxy.java:8)
        at PROCEDUR5.PROC5(PROCEDUR5.java:18)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.discovery.DiscoveryException: No
implementation defined for org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory

The classpath is exactly the same in both cases and in both cases we are
running on the same server with the same jvm.

Any suggestions ?

Best regards,

John.

=====================================
John Enevoldson

Pulsen Application AB

Direct: +46 (0)33 17 18 72
Email:  john.enevoldson@pulsen.se

RE: No implementation defined for org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory

Posted by Brennan Spies <br...@sbcglobal.net>.
Try

-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl

(or a more specific factory, if you wish)

  _____