Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> on 2014/10/24 11:17:07 UTC

Life cycle state change behavior

Hi Reka, Isuru,

Below is the stack trace I got when I undeployed an application. Please
note that status change from Terminating to Terminating. Application does
not reached Terminated event thereafter. Is this a normal state change?

[2014-10-24 14:40:44,430]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ test_app_3 ]'s life Cycle State changed from [
Created ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,430]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.topology.TopologyBuilder} -
 Application test_app_3's status updated to Terminating
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,431]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ mytomcat.tomcat.domain ]'s life Cycle State changed
from [ Created ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,431]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ mygroup1php.php.domain ]'s life Cycle State changed
from [ Created ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,431]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ mygroup2tomcat.tomcat.domain ]'s life Cycle State
changed from [ Created ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,431]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.topology.TopologyEventPublisher} -
 Publishing Application undeployed event for Application: test_app_3
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,436]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ test_app_3 ]'s life Cycle State changed from [
Created ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,437]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ mygroup1php.php.domain ]'s life Cycle State changed
from [ Created ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,437]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ mytomcat.tomcat.domain ]'s life Cycle State changed
from [ Created ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,439]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ mygroup2tomcat.tomcat.domain ]'s life Cycle State
changed from [ Created ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,440]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ test_app_3 ]'s life Cycle State changed from [
Terminating ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,440]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ mygroup1php.php.domain ]'s life Cycle State changed
from [ *Terminating* ] to [ *Terminating* ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,440]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ mytomcat.tomcat.domain ]'s life Cycle State changed
from [ Terminating ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,440]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ mygroup2tomcat.tomcat.domain ]'s life Cycle State
changed from [ Terminating ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,445]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.domain.topology.lifecycle.LifeCycleStateManager}
-  Topology element [ test_app_3 ]'s life Cycle State changed from [
Terminating ] to [ Terminating ]
[2014-10-24 14:40:44,447]  INFO

--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: Life cycle state change behavior

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
Hi Udara,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 11:45 PM, Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Isuru,
>
> What I pointed out is not multiple logs. Status is changing to Terminating
> to Terminating which is transition on same state. Other thing is state did
> not become Terminated ever.

Its the same explanation. This is because the operation is carried out by
multiple threads. And, you can't see the Terminated update since the member
is removed from the Topology.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: Life cycle state change behavior

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
Hi Udara,

AFAIU, this is normal.

In the single JVM setup, there are multiple message processors for one type
running, but they are updating a single Topology model. Therefore, the
first one updates it, and the subsequent ones see that it has been updated
already. That is why you are seeing multiple transitions to the same state.