Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "I.Venuti" <i....@caribel.pisa.it> on 2005/04/13 09:51:20 UTC

Ok with VB.NET, Axis & Office VBA clients, error in SOAP:Perl...WSDL problem?

Hi,

I've writed my WSDL from scratch, validated against WS-I Basic Profile and
generated my Axis server classes.
I've successfully written a client using VB.NET, VBA (as a Word macro) and
other Axis client.
Unfortunatly my SOAP:Lite client doesn't work.

Maybe is it my WSDL wrong?

It is responding to an endpoint that has nothing to do with the namespace
indicated (http://ivenuti.altervista.org is only my personal home page and
doesn't support java and doesn't cointain the indicated xsd!)
This could be a problem for the validity of the WSDL?

Here is my WSDL:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions name="ProductsExampleWS"
targetNamespace="http://ivenuti.altervista.org/ProductsExampleWS.wsdl"
xmlns:tns="http://ivenuti.altervista.org/ProductsExampleWS.wsdl"
xmlns:xsd1="http://ivenuti.altervista.org/ProductsExampleWS.xsd1">

     <wsdl:documentation xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
Created using Cape Clear Studio SOA Editor - http://www.capeclear.com
</wsdl:documentation>

     <wsdl:types>

          <xsd:schema
targetNamespace="http://ivenuti.altervista.org/ProductsExampleWS.xsd1"
xmlns:xsd1="http://ivenuti.altervista.org/ProductsExampleWS.xsd1">

               <xsd:complexType name="Product">

                    <xsd:annotation>

                         <xsd:documentation>
Rappresents each product available for each order     </xsd:documentation>

                    </xsd:annotation>

                    <xsd:sequence>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="id"
type="xsd:string"/>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"
name="description" type="xsd:string"/>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"
name="price" type="xsd:double"/>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"
name="currency" type="xsd:string"/>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"
name="available" type="xsd:boolean"/>

                    </xsd:sequence>

               </xsd:complexType>

               <xsd:complexType name="ArrayOfProduct">

                    <xsd:annotation>

                         <xsd:documentation>
An array of products     </xsd:documentation>

                    </xsd:annotation>

                    <xsd:sequence>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="1"
name="item" type="xsd1:Product"/>

                    </xsd:sequence>

               </xsd:complexType>

               <xsd:complexType name="ArrayOfProductInOrder">

                    <xsd:annotation>

                         <xsd:documentation>
An array of Products in order     </xsd:documentation>

                    </xsd:annotation>

                    <xsd:sequence>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="1"
name="item" type="xsd1:ProductInOrder"/>

                    </xsd:sequence>

               </xsd:complexType>

               <xsd:element name="ElementArrayOfProduct"
type="xsd1:ArrayOfProduct">

                    <xsd:annotation>

                         <xsd:documentation>
An element of type ArrayOfProduct     </xsd:documentation>

                    </xsd:annotation>

               </xsd:element>

               <xsd:element name="ElementDate" type="xsd:date">

                    <xsd:annotation>

                         <xsd:documentation>
A date     </xsd:documentation>

                    </xsd:annotation>

               </xsd:element>

               <xsd:element name="ElementArrayOfProductInOrder"
type="xsd1:ArrayOfProductInOrder">

                    <xsd:annotation>

                         <xsd:documentation>
An element of products used in orders     </xsd:documentation>

                    </xsd:annotation>

               </xsd:element>

               <xsd:complexType name="OrderWithConfirmation">

                    <xsd:sequence>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"
name="order" type="xsd1:ArrayOfProductInOrder"/>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"
name="magic" type="xsd:string"/>

                    </xsd:sequence>

               </xsd:complexType>

               <xsd:element name="ElementOrderWithConfirmation"
type="xsd1:OrderWithConfirmation">

                    <xsd:annotation>

                         <xsd:documentation>
An element for an order to be confirmed     </xsd:documentation>

                    </xsd:annotation>

               </xsd:element>

               <xsd:element name="ElementMagic" type="xsd:string">

                    <xsd:annotation>

                         <xsd:documentation>
String needed for the confirmation of an order     </xsd:documentation>

                    </xsd:annotation>

               </xsd:element>

               <xsd:element name="ElementDone" type="xsd:boolean">

                    <xsd:annotation>

                         <xsd:documentation>
Indicates id the operation is really done     </xsd:documentation>

                    </xsd:annotation>

               </xsd:element>

               <xsd:complexType name="ProductInOrder">

                    <xsd:annotation>

                         <xsd:documentation>
Rappresents only the identification and the amount of the product ordered
</xsd:documentation>

                    </xsd:annotation>

                    <xsd:sequence>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="id"
type="xsd:string"/>

                         <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"
name="quantity" type="xsd:nonNegativeInteger"/>

                    </xsd:sequence>

               </xsd:complexType>

          </xsd:schema>

     </wsdl:types>

     <wsdl:message name="productsOrderResponse">

          <wsdl:part element="xsd1:ElementOrderWithConfirmation"
name="availableProductAndMagic"/>

     </wsdl:message>

     <wsdl:message name="productsListResponse">

          <wsdl:part element="xsd1:ElementArrayOfProduct" name="products"/>

     </wsdl:message>

     <wsdl:message name="productsOrderRequest">

          <wsdl:part element="xsd1:ElementArrayOfProductInOrder"
name="wantedProducts"/>

     </wsdl:message>

     <wsdl:message name="productsListRequest">

          <wsdl:part element="xsd1:ElementDate" name="lastUpdateDate"/>

     </wsdl:message>

     <wsdl:message name="productsOrderConfirmationRequest">

          <wsdl:part element="xsd1:ElementMagic" name="magic"/>

     </wsdl:message>

     <wsdl:message name="productsOrderConfirmationResponse">

          <wsdl:part element="xsd1:ElementDone" name="done"/>

     </wsdl:message>

     <wsdl:portType name="ProductsExampleWSPortType">

          <wsdl:operation name="productsList">

               <wsdl:documentation
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
Retrieve alla the products available for ordering   </wsdl:documentation>

               <wsdl:input message="tns:productsListRequest"/>

               <wsdl:output message="tns:productsListResponse"/>

          </wsdl:operation>

          <wsdl:operation name="productsOrder">

               <wsdl:documentation
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
Makes a request of an order and receive the response of the available
products and a string for confirming the order   </wsdl:documentation>

               <wsdl:input message="tns:productsOrderRequest"/>

               <wsdl:output message="tns:productsOrderResponse"/>

          </wsdl:operation>

          <wsdl:operation name="productsOrderConfirmation">

               <wsdl:documentation
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
Confirms a previus order   </wsdl:documentation>

               <wsdl:input message="tns:productsOrderConfirmationRequest"/>

               <wsdl:output
message="tns:productsOrderConfirmationResponse"/>

          </wsdl:operation>

     </wsdl:portType>

     <wsdl:binding name="ProductsExampleWSBinding"
type="tns:ProductsExampleWSPortType">

          <soap:binding style="document"

          <wsdl:operation name="productsList">

               <soap:operation
soapAction="capeconnect:ProductsExampleWS:ProductsExampleWSPortType#products
List"/>

               <wsdl:input>

                    <soap:body parts="lastUpdateDate" use="literal"/>

               </wsdl:input>

               <wsdl:output>

                    <soap:body parts="products" use="literal"/>

               </wsdl:output>

          </wsdl:operation>

          <wsdl:operation name="productsOrder">

               <soap:operation
soapAction="capeconnect:ProductsExampleWS:ProductsExampleWSPortType#products
Order"/>

               <wsdl:input>

                    <soap:body parts="wantedProducts" use="literal"/>

               </wsdl:input>

               <wsdl:output>

                    <soap:body parts="availableProductAndMagic"
use="literal"/>

               </wsdl:output>

          </wsdl:operation>

          <wsdl:operation name="productsOrderConfirmation">

               <soap:operation
soapAction="capeconnect:ProductsExampleWS:ProductsExampleWSPortType#products
OrderConfirmation"/>

               <wsdl:input>

                    <soap:body parts="magic" use="literal"/>

               </wsdl:input>

               <wsdl:output>

                    <soap:body parts="done" use="literal"/>

               </wsdl:output>

          </wsdl:operation>

     </wsdl:binding>

     <wsdl:service name="ProductsExampleWS">

          <wsdl:port binding="tns:ProductsExampleWSBinding"
name="ProductsExampleWSPort">

               <soap:address
location="http://www.caribel.it:8080/axis/services/ProductsExampleWSPort"/>

          </wsdl:port>

     </wsdl:service>

</wsdl:definitions>

-- Ivan

Re: R: Ok with VB.NET, Axis & Office VBA clients, error in SOAP:Perl...WSDL problem?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
SOAP::Lite is generating a message that does not conform to the WSDL.
I'm not familiar with SOAP::Lite, but I've seen other questions from
users regarding these dynamically generated element names
("c-gensym3"), which are totally inappropriate. I'm sure there must be
a way to get Perl to generate SOAP messages that conform to the WSDL.
Worst case -- use the low-level API and generate the messages
manually.

Anne

Posted by "I.Venuti" <i....@caribel.pisa.it>.

Re: Ok with VB.NET, Axis & Office VBA clients, error in SOAP:Perl...WSDL problem?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Ivan,