Posted to user@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2004/08/18 23:14:34 UTC

[digester] release candidate digester 1.6RC1 now available

digester 1.6.0 is the release candidate for the long awaited digester
release. this release contains numerous bug fixes as well as some very
useful new extensions including plugins (an intuitive framework for
dynamically modifiable rules) and substitutions (pre-processing of text
and attributes before rule execution). please download and test the
release candidate from:

http://www.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-digester/

please report any issues as quickly as possible to the commons-dev list
(so that they can be addressed before the final).

- robert

Re: [digester] release candidate digester 1.6RC1 now available

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi simon

thanks for taking a look at release candidate and for catching all
those things!

i think that i've addressed all except 4 (which may need a little bit
of talking about which i'll kick off in a separate email). i'm probably
going to go ahead and roll another release candidate sometime soonish.
(4 is really a process issue.)

- robert

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 28 Aug 2004, at 11:18, Simon Kitching wrote:

<snip>

> 4. The "commons-digester-1.6.0RC1-src.zip" file contains files with
> unix
> line terminators. Isn't the convention that the .tgz files contain unix
> format (LF) files, and the .zip files contain dos (CRLF)?

the way i've always cut releases is that the only differences between
the two versions of the source is the way that they are packaged. since
i always build my releases on a linux box, the line endings are always
exported (from cvs) using unix conventions.

AFAIK this is also the way that craig's built his digester releases.
i'm not really sure how important an issue this one is but if you think
that it's worth pursuing, i'll try to find out what other people in the
commons do.

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 23 Aug 2004, at 22:44, Simon Kitching wrote:

<snip>

> Hi Robert,

hi simon

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 09:14, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> digester 1.6.0 is the release candidate for the long awaited digester
> release. this release contains numerous bug fixes as well as some very
> useful new extensions including plugins (an intuitive framework for
> dynamically modifiable rules) and substitutions (pre-processing of text
> and attributes before rule execution). please download and test the
> release candidate from:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-digester/
>
> please report any issues as quickly as possible to the commons-dev list
> (so that they can be addressed before the final).

Hi Robert,

I just wanted to let you know I *do* intend to have a look at the RC
soon. Unfortunately the last week has been rather busy.

Hope to send an update soon.

Cheers,

Simon