Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Abhijit Mazumder <ab...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/25 19:03:23 UTC

Blob and Nodes interaction

Hi,
  This is my first mail to Oak mailing list. I tried to search markmail and
existing documentation to understand the interaction between blob and nodes
collection, but  I am not able to find any reference to understand
1) Based on what size data goes in blob collection
2) Is there any reference between Nodes and blob collection
3) Is there a flow diagram from where I can find how exactly a content is
getting loaded from Mongo to UI

If somebody can point me to relevant classes or any other reference that
would be great

Regards,
Abhijit

Re: Blob and Nodes interaction

Posted by Abhijit Mazumder <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chetan, for the helpful info.
  Yes you are correct I am talking about MongoBlobStore here.

I tried to find out the reference by using following query
db.nodes.find({blobId:{$exists:true}}. It returns nothing. Can you please
point me to the query I need to use to see the reference at work

My higher level objective is to understand , how Data is stored in Mongo DB
from say a page. When an user create a page and add some contents to it I
understand different nodes are getting created; but what exactly is driving
storing data in blob and interaction between node and blobs collection

Regards,
Abhijit

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.