Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Yun Gao <yu...@aliyun.com.INVALID> on 2021/08/17 08:43:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] Merge the Last Piece of FLIP-147 After Code Freeze

Hi all,

Since Flink 1.14 is already code freeze, but for FLIP-147 we still have the last piece of work left,
thus we would like to start a discussion about merging them after code freeze.

Currently there are two non-bug-fix issues left and since
1. FLINK-23512: The PR is in fact approved before code freeze, but we failed to get a green CI test
before code freeze; and it mainly added a check to illegal job graph modification with finished state,
which should only have a limit affection.
2. FLINK-21090: The PR complements the ITCase for the final checkpoint functionality, currently it is
blocked by several on-going small bug fixes. This should not affect the normal processes.

Thus if no objections we would tend to merge them to complete FLIP-147.

Very thanks everyone!

Best,
Yun

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Merge the Last Piece of FLIP-147 After Code Freeze

Posted by Yun Gao <yu...@aliyun.com.INVALID>.
Very thanks @Xintong and everyone! I'll merge the remaining PRs~ Very sorry for
the inconvinient brought.

Best,
Yun

I think we are good to go on this, since there's no objections within 48h.
Thank you~
Xintong Song

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 5:11 PM Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

For the record, this has been brought up on the release testing sync earlier today, without objections from the meeting. Per the previous email [1], we brought this to the mailing list discussion.

If you need to merge a new feature after the freeze, please open a discussion on the dev@ list. If there are no objections by a PMC member within 48 (workday) hours, the feature can be merged.

Thank you~
Xintong Song

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rc6cd39f467c42873ca2e9fa31dbe117c267d22ee3aa69bd8071219ff%40%3Cdev.flink.apache.org%3E