Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by John Doyle <jd...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/05 16:26:44 UTC

Filtering inputstream

I'm reimplementing a SOAP client that worked directly with HTTPCient to now
work with axis 1.4.  On of the things the old implemetation did was to allow
a user to inject a FilterInputStream around the InputStream from the
HTTPClient.  We needed this because we found a lot of services returned junk
that would choke the sax parser.  The user could implement a service
specific filter to modify the stream as needed.

Is there a way to do this in axis 1.4?  I've read up on handlers, but they
all deal with the message context not the stream.  This seems to high level
to me.

thanks
~jd