Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/25 22:53:33 UTC

Re: features JSF 1.2

Since you have waited that long for 1.2, I'd suggest to wait for a couple of
months and upgrade to 2.0:)

Re: features JSF 1.2

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Yes JSF 1.2 is backward compatible.

What is your environment, java version, server you use etc? Also are you
using facelets or jsp?

Re: features JSF 1.2

Posted by Gabrielle Crawford <ga...@oracle.com>.

Re: features JSF 1.2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Naik, Bhushan <bh...@citi.com> wrote:
> Yes true its already late but we can't wait now.
>

> Do we have backward compatibility for JSF1.0.4 in JSF 1.2?. I am having some

Do you mean Trinidad with "JSF1.0.4" ?

In case you are on JSF 1.2, I'd strongly suggest to use a (more current) 1.2.x
version of Trinidad

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

RE: features JSF 1.2

Re: features JSF 1.2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Cagatay Civici
<ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since you have waited that long for 1.2, I'd suggest to wait for a couple of
> months and upgrade to 2.0:)

that has some more (longer term) dependencies
(e.g. a JAva EE 6 container, and eventually some other (final) specs)

Since a lot of changes leverage the current JSF 1.2 stuff (e.g.
invokeOnComponent()),
I'd start with JSF 1.2