Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chhaya Vishwakarma <Ch...@lntinfotech.com> on 2013/09/18 12:56:13 UTC

Installation issue with solr server

Hi,

I have installed solr server on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.I am able to access http://machineip:8983/solr but when i do curl "http://machineip:8983/solr"
Its giving me "Proxy authorization error"
What can be the problem? Is it due to corporate firewalls?
I have given proxy settings in .bashrc file ,/etc/apt/apt.conf  and in /etc/environment file and restarted the machine
But did not work.

Regards,
Chhaya Vishwakarma

________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"

Re: Installation issue with solr server

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 18 September 2013 16:26, Chhaya Vishwakarma
<Ch...@lntinfotech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed solr server on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.I am able to access http://machineip:8983/solr but when i do curl "http://machineip:8983/solr"
> Its giving me "Proxy authorization error"
> What can be the problem? Is it due to corporate firewalls?
> I have given proxy settings in .bashrc file ,/etc/apt/apt.conf  and in /etc/environment file and restarted the machine
> But did not work.

This question is off-topic for this list. You would be better
off asking on an Ubuntu-specific list.

However, please see if this helps:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/15719/where-are-the-system-wide-proxy-server-settings

Regards,