Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Michael Walters <mw...@csc.com> on 2004/08/14 02:24:29 UTC

Http Proxy - Newbie

Thank you in advance for the help.

I'm using JMeter's Http Proxy server to record http requests that I can
play back to simulate a load test.

During recording (a few mouse clicks after login) the application aborts
when a button is clicked that appears to start an applet.  When the Jmeter
Proxy server is not running, the button performs the desired function
(limited visibility as the developer is not on hand).

In the Name box of the "Send Parameters with the Request" row that is
generated by this button click in the recorded HTTP Request (Post),  there
appears a long name that looks mixed with a lot of illegible data
characters.

Are my settings causing this record function to fail?  Is it Encoding the
information I receive/send?

Please advise on what is causing the problem and how to get around it.

Thanks,

Mike

for such purpose.

Re: Http Proxy - Newbie

Posted by Sebastian Bazley <se...@apache.org>.
> I'm using JMeter's Http Proxy server to record http requests that I can
> play back to simulate a load test.

Which version of JMeter? Which OS and JVM?

> During recording (a few mouse clicks after login) the application aborts
> when a button is clicked that appears to start an applet.  When the Jmeter
> Proxy server is not running, the button performs the desired function
> (limited visibility as the developer is not on hand).
>
> In the Name box of the "Send Parameters with the Request" row that is
> generated by this button click in the recorded HTTP Request (Post),  there
> appears a long name that looks mixed with a lot of illegible data
> characters.
>
> Are my settings causing this record function to fail?  Is it Encoding the
> information I receive/send?

Possibly an encoding problem.

> Please advise on what is causing the problem and how to get around it.

Cause is as yet unknown, so can't advise how to get round it, but here are
some more things you can try:

Check first in jmeter.log - there should be an error message, and this may
reveal the cause.

If not, edit jmeter.properties to switch on debug logging, rerun the test.

Create a Buzilla issue and attach jmeter.log, jmeter.properties, and a
description of how to cause the error.

S.