Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by yashas <Te...@emc.com> on 2012/01/03 20:32:47 UTC

log4j configuration for rollover and compression

Hi,

Can someone please let me know how to configure log4j.properties file for
the below requirement :

1. I need to rollover the log files on the basis of both size and time
whichever earlier (example : rollover the log files if they cross 10MB or at
the end of each day which ever occurs first)
2. The rolled over files need to be compressed in gz format.
3. Once the number of rolled over + compressed files (archive) reaches 10
then i need to start deleting the oldest archive.

I have log4j-1.2.13.jar and apache-log4j-extras-1.1.jar in the classpath of
my web application. logback is not an option for me and I need to get this
done using log4j.

Thanks,
Yash