Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/01/15 01:21:08 UTC

Re: [mp2] Apache::RequestRec Documentation

Jack Nerad wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Jack Nerad wrote:
>>
>>> Okay... This is the information that I have.  Where I've marked META,
>>> could somebody answer those questions?  Thanks!
>>

>> Thanks a lot, Jack. Now most these META are already answered in the
>> Apache docs. So the first thing to do is to import these and only then
>> polish them.
>> That's why I have suggested that you don't spend any time on these
>> just yet.
>

> It isn't too much work to add what will be imported.  So it is no big
> deal.  I just wanted to get what I had out there so that people could
> look at it.  I take it the imported documents will cover the Apache
> request object, or something?
>
> One of the questions I had was regarding dir_config being documented in
> the Apache::RequestRec module.  That didn't seem right to me, since it
> isn't a method of that module.  What are your thoughts?  Should every
> object method be documented, or should the methods be kept with their
> modules?
>

>> I'll try to get things imported early next week (or may be Lyle will
>> beat me to it ;) and then you can start merging your doc on top of the
>> existing docs. Sounds OK?
>

> Aye Aye.  <patiently waiting import>

Jack, sorry that it took more than 6 months (and actually almost 2 years since
first desired), but now the documentation skeletons for most of the API is
available. There are some 400+ methods in it, so we could really use help to
review the skeletons, add examples, etc. I'll post an call for help to the
modperl list soon.

Meanwhile if you can integrate your patches that you've sent earlier [1] that
would be very helpful. Make sure that you use cvs, since I update the pages
often now. Thanks.

(1) http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl-docs-dev/vinolkring