Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Francois Vandewalle <fr...@converteam.com> on 2006/05/30 14:51:48 UTC

Getting Started / Problem with plugin

I am using the "Getting Started" tutorial and have a problem when I type the
following:

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

Can somebody help me?
I get the following:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin: checking
for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' could not be retrieved from
repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]

Re: Getting Started / Problem with plugin

Posted by Thierry Barnier <tb...@gmail.com>.
got the same problem

M2 plugin for Eclipse ignored
the M2_REPO shell variable,
the Repossitory location defined from inside the IDE plugins property page/

The only one it accepts is ~/.m2/settings.xml

I don't have this problem with MVN command line tool

Maybe should be documented in "troubleshooting section"

Thierry

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Wayne,

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Just to confirm... Your settings.xml file is located inside the ~/.m2/
directory, right?

[Where ~ is the current user's home so on Windows that's c:\documents
and settings\<your-name>\ and on *nix its usually /home/<your-name>.]

Otherwise Maven won't find the settings.xml file and won't use the
proxy you have specified.

Wayne

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
François,

I mean in your settings.xml you need to uncoment the proxy element and
configure it to use your proxy.

The -e option just shows you stacktraces if an error occurs. It may or
maynot have more information that coud help.

If you can't see http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/ in your browser then
maybe you should figure that out first then it might give you some
clues to why maven isent working?

Ben

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
François,

Take a look at you settings.xml, there should be a bit in there that
you need to uncomment and configure to make maven use a proxy.

<proxy>
      <id>optional</id>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <username>proxyuser</username>
      <password>proxypass</password>
      <host>proxy.host.net</host>
      <port>80</port>
      <nonProxyHosts>local.net,some.host.com</nonProxyHosts>
    </proxy>

Ben

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
I should of mentioned that the -e will print stack traces. this might
help you diagnose the problem.

Ben

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Hi,