Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2003/10/10 04:03:46 UTC

Adding to the user guide

I added a section in the user guide about wildcards in action mappings,
however before I commit it, I'd like to make sure it follows documentation
conventions as this is my first time writing Struts docs.  I've put the
section up here for review:

http://www.twdata.org/dakine/site/userGuide/building_controller.html#action_mapping_wildcards

If I don't hear anything in a day or so, I'll take it as a "thumbs up" and
commit it.  Thanks.

Don

Re: Adding to the user guide

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
James Mitchell wrote:

>I can't see why anyone would have a problem with renaming a few
>pages...

+1.

>...hell, when I get the time, I plan to rewrite the whole thing to
>bring it up to 1.1+ standards, demonstrating all the newest, coolest stuff.

+1 as well.

>--
>James Mitchell

Craig

Re: Adding to the user guide

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I can't see why anyone would have a problem with renaming a few
pages......hell, when I get the time, I plan to rewrite the whole thing to
bring it up to 1.1+ standards, demonstrating all the newest, coolest stuff.

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist
http://www.struts-atlanta.org
678.910.8017
770.822.3359
AIM:jmitchtx

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Re: Adding to the user guide

Re: Adding to the user guide

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Re: Adding to the user guide

Re: Adding to the user guide

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Don Brown wrote:

>I added a section in the user guide about wildcards in action mappings,
>however before I commit it, I'd like to make sure it follows documentation
>conventions as this is my first time writing Struts docs.  I've put the
>section up here for review:
>
>http://www.twdata.org/dakine/site/userGuide/building_controller.html#action_mapping_wildcards
>
>If I don't hear anything in a day or so, I'll take it as a "thumbs up" and
>commit it.  Thanks.

+1 ... looks good to me.  The only suggestion I might make is to also
put a forward reference to this somewhere in the initial description of
what an action mapping is.

>Don

Craig