Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2005/12/01 01:11:29 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Target tickets to milestones and use as roadmap

On 11/30/05, Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/30/05, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
> >
> > And a big thank you for the +1's :)  Any more?
> >
> > Don
> >

> +1.
>
> Any chance we can come up with a way to automatically collect the
> information that we've started to put in the release notes as well?
> The table consisting of SVN revision # and bugzilla (jira?) ticket
> number, shown here
> http://struts.apache.org/struts-action/userGuide/release-notes-1.2.8.html
> .  I'm not familiar with Jira to know if they have a field for a VCS
> revision #, but in any case maybe your screen scraper can collect this
> info somehow.

JIRA has SVN integration that automatically links commits and bug reports.
For an example, see:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1252?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion:subversion-commits-tabpanel

(The SVN bit is all the way at the bottom.)

And +1 on Don's original proposal!

--
Martin Cooper

Hubert

Re: [PROPOSAL] Target tickets to milestones and use as roadmap

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
+1 for JIRA.  I was going to suggest it right off the bat when the
WebWorks merger was proposed but I decided to hold back since nobody
seemed to like the suggestion the last time I made it ;-)

Martin is right about the SVN integration.  You get some nice linkage
between issues and SVN revisions automatically if you mention the
issue number in your SVN comments.

+1 for milestones

sean