Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/09/02 07:03:47 UTC

japicmp not configured to ignore @Evolving, @Unstable classes

Hi,

There are certain classes which can be annotated as Evolving or Unstable.
Evolving:  compatibility can be broken at minor release.
Unstable: no guarantee is provided as to reliability or stability across
any level of release granularity.

We need to ignore these classes from semantic versioning check.

Regards,
Chandni

Re: japicmp not configured to ignore @Evolving, @Unstable classes

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.
The annotations used in the example can occur everywhere, not just at the
type level. Perhaps that support is not needed for the first cut though.

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
+1

Consider using less verbose tag name.

Posted by Timothy Farkas <ti...@datatorrent.com>.