Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Leslie Noth <na...@12b3.com> on 2009/09/10 12:32:01 UTC

Debian install question

Hi there,

I used apt-get to install JSPWiki. I forgot to end the base-url with a slash
so I ran dpkg-reconfigure to correct this. Nothing changed when I reloaded
the app via the Tomcat manager interface so I undeployed it.
But how does one redeploy the JSPWiki webpp?

Regards,
Hesl (medior Linux user)

Re: Debian install question

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hesl,I don't how your Linux distributor has packaged JSPWiki, maybe there is
someone on the list that can help you with that.Regarding to your question
on how to (re)deploy JSPWiki, maybe you can do the standard by-hand
installation as written in the README:
*
1) Install Tomcat from http://jakarta.apache.org/ (or any other servlet
   container)

2) After you've installed the engine and checked that it works, you just
  make a subdirectory under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/.
  For example, if you want your application to be called 'wiki', just create
a directory
  called 'wiki', then extract all files from the war file into that
  directory, preserving the directory structure.

3) Point your browser at http://<myhost>/JSPWiki/Install.jsp
   (Or, if you renamed it in the previous phase, use something like
   http://<myhost>/wiki/Install.jsp)

4) Answer a couple of simple questions

5) Restart your container

6) Point your browser to http://<myhost>/JSPWiki/ (or whatever name you