Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by El Desperado <ap...@gmx.net> on 2002/01/15 08:12:48 UTC

Blocking Proxy Requests

Hi everyone

I have Apache 1.3.9 running on a Linux server.
I'm trying to block users from accessing a few sites using the following
directive:

    ProxyBlock restricted.com notallowed

What about if I want to block the following URL only?
    http://www.restricted.com/chat
i.e., allow access to http://www.restricted.com/ but not to the /chat
folder.

I tried adding restricted.com/chat to the ProxyBlock directive but it
doesn't work.

I also tried upgrading Apache, but there seems to be a problem with the
software updating mechanism.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

RE: Blocking Proxy Requests

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: El Desperado [mailto:apache7@gmx.net]

> I have Apache 1.3.9 running on a Linux server.

Rather old!

> I'm trying to block users from accessing a few sites using the following
> directive:
>
>     ProxyBlock restricted.com notallowed
>
> What about if I want to block the following URL only?
>     http://www.restricted.com/chat
> i.e., allow access to http://www.restricted.com/ but not to the /chat
> folder.

I'm fairly sure that you can accomplish this with mod_rewrite.  But I don't
know much about the proxy, so I can't give you the exact recipe.

Joshua.