Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by play maker <pl...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/22 03:04:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] PIP-255: Support for Idempotent Commit and Abort.

Hi pulsar-dev community,  I raised a pip to discuss : PIP-255: Support
for Idempotent Commit and Abort.
PIP link:  https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/19744

And I have implemented it in PR: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20356

Regards,
TheTumbled.

Re: [DISCUSS] PIP-255: Support for Idempotent Commit and Abort.

Posted by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>.
Can we follow the same mechanism in transaction buffer
for maintaining the aborted transactions?

The idea is if we can't find the transaction ID in the
aborted transaction ID set, it means the transaction is
committed. So that, we can have a aborted transaction set
in transaction metadata store. Maybe we can reuse the
implementation from https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/16913

The pros for this solution is we will not introduced any
wire protocol changes. So users don't need to upgrade
to the new version.

Regards,
Penghui