Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Chris Opacki <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/14 03:50:49 UTC

Re: [JSR-88] Which Java Package?

thats what i was thinking. I'ld like to give it a
start as well. Need a hand? I was going over the specs
some more...and some of the other specs. I'm hitting
the sack for now..

--- Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: [JSR-88] Which Java Package?

Posted by Chris Opacki <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Anyone know what is up with the
javax.enterprise.deploy.* sources?

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: [JSR-88] Which Java Package?

Posted by Chris Opacki <ch...@yahoo.com>.
What is the purpose of the stuff currently in
deployment? I thought I saw MBean stuff in there...i
was wondering if it was management api (jsr 77)
implementations.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: [JSR-88] Which Java Package?

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Re: [JSR-88] Which Java Package?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 04:55  am, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	I'm fine with .server and .tool, but I don't think .common is
> necessarily right for the other stuff.  I guess by "the other stuff",
> I'm
> thinking of any kind of "back end logic" responsible for doing stuff on
> the server side, that won't be exposed to the client.
>
> 	Just saying that though makes me think that perhaps ".server"
> doesn't mean what we want it to mean.  Perhaps they should be
>
> .enterprise.deploy.provider  // the JSR-88 provider code
> .enterprise.deploy.tool      // the JSR-88 tool code
> .enterprise.deploy.server    // the back-end Geronimo logic that
>                              // is not specific to JSR-88
>
> 	My only concern is that if we have any subpackages, a 7-part
> package name is kind of gross.

How about the above but without the .enterprise? Geronimo is an
enterprise server so I guess thats not required.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [JSR-88] Which Java Package?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.
I would not worry too much about it right now.  If you want to code
something, pick a package and go with it.  Eventually we will be
re-packaging to better reflect the modular nature of the system, where
the module name is the final suffix of the package... like common is
org.apache.geronimo.common and such.

Anyways, just pick something for now and we will worry about it later.

--jason

Re: [JSR-88] Which Java Package?

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Re: [JSR-88] Which Java Package?