Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Claudius Spellmann <cl...@juwimm.com> on 2004/12/29 16:44:49 UTC

Automated testing using cactus...

Hi,

I've got a problem when I try to do automated unit test using cactus as
a maven plugin.
Everything works fine when i let the test run as war but it doesn't
quite work as ear.
my current maven/cactus configuration looks like this:

The properties file:
    maven.repo.remote=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven
    cactus.home.jboss3x=C:\jboss-3.2.5
    cactus.port=80
    cactus.jboss3x.config.name=xxxMyProjectNamexxx
    cactus.halt.on.error=true
    cactus.halt.on.failure=true
    cactus.is.ear=true

and in the project xml I added a report entry for cactus:

  <reports>
    <report>maven-cactus-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-checkstyle-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-multiproject-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-faq-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-junit-report-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-pmd-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-tasklist-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-jxr-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-changelog-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-javadoc-plugin</report>
  </reports>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>cactus</groupId>
      <artifactId>cactus-maven</artifactId>
      <version>1.6.1</version>
      <type>plugin</type>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

This is the maven output I'll get when running the buildfile
(surprisingly cactus can't find any testfiles to run but as said before
when using *.war everything works fine)

test:prepare-filesystem:

test:test-resources:

test:compile:
    [echo] No test source files to compile.

test:test:
    [echo] No tests to run.

ejb:ejb:
    [echo] Building ejb novartis-leponex-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT
    [jar] Building jar:
C:\svnroot\novartis-leponex\ejb\target\novartis-leponex-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

ear:load:

    [ear] Building ear:
C:\svnroot\novartis-leponex\ejb\target\novartis-leponex-ejb-cactus.ear

cactus:test-ear:
    [cactus]
    [cactus] Running tests against JBoss 3.2.5
    [cactus]
    [cactus] Shutdown message has been posted to the server.
    [cactus] Server shutdown may take a while - check logfiles for
completion

    [echo] Generating the Checkstyle...

Re: Automated testing using cactus...

Posted by Nicolas Chalumeau <ni...@gmail.com>.
cactus user list is probably the best location for your question but
you probably want something like :
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/CACTUS-144
The patch is here

Nicolas,

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Claudius,

Please use the cactus mailing list. The maven plugin is hosted by the Cactus
project.

Thanks
-Vincent