Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Daniel <em...@7thfire.com> on 2006/08/19 09:21:09 UTC

fastcgi etc

Once again I will attempt trying to tackle getting
embperl+fastcgi+lighttpd working.

My current setup is embperl+lighttpd and works fine, albeit slow.

My handler for .epl files has been set to be embpexec.pl

cgi.assign                 = ( ".pl"  => "/usr/bin/perl",
                               ".cgi" => "/usr/bin/perl",
                                ".epl" => "/usr/bin/embpexec.pl"
                             )

this is all I had to do to get embperl working with lighttpd.

the embpfcgi script seems to have different behavior. I tried putting
FCGI into embpexec without any success.

I feel that the problem is that I don't understand fully how fastcgi and
embperl work seperatly or how they would work together in this scenario.

Anyone who is curious or interested in getting this to work, your help
would be appriciated.

--
"You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your
freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." -- John Quincy Adams

RE: fastcgi etc

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> the embpfcgi script seems to have different behavior. I tried
> putting FCGI into embpexec without any success.

Use embpfastcgi.pl instead. Fast CGI needs to listen on a socket for
incoming requests.

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **