Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by dinesh g <di...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/12/20 16:42:23 UTC

Event Handling in JMeter

Hi,

Is Event handling supported in JMeter.
I am using jmeter 2.2.

I have a scenario where i click "configure" button, and it takes 2-3 minutes for configuration. Then i get a message as "Successfully Configured".

I will have to wait until i get the message "Successfully Configured", and then continue with the subsequent samplers.

How do i accomplish with JMeter .Currently i am using a constant timer, but is there any other way to handle this?

Regards,
Dinesh G

Re: Event Handling in JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 20/12/06, dinesh g <di...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is Event handling supported in JMeter.
> I am using jmeter 2.2.

No, all samplers are synchronous - i.e. they wait for a response
before continuing.

> I have a scenario where i click "configure" button, and it takes 2-3 minutes for configuration. Then i get a message as "Successfully Configured".
>
> I will have to wait until i get the message "Successfully Configured", and then continue with the subsequent samplers.
>
> How do i accomplish with JMeter .Currently i am using a constant timer, but is there any other way to handle this?

Depends on your application.