Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by brian d foy <br...@smithrenaud.com> on 2000/12/15 16:39:30 UTC

offer of resources for Take23

i don't think my responses to yesterday's discussion made it to the list,
so here's a summary:

Smith Renaud or Perl Mongers can donate rack space, infrastructure, and
other support to a new, canonical mod_perl site.  we can either provide a
box (which we then control, sysadmin and policy-wise), or put a donated
box in our rack (which someone else could control).  we can also supply a
squid box in front of either of those. we have the things you would expect
(backup power, backups, etc) and if someone needs something else (console
server, reboot server, etc) that is not a huge problem.

Matt mentioned that take23 is now behind a 64k leased line, so i'm sure
that the dual T3s leading out of our facility (which are shared with all
of our other things) might look attractive. ;)

if this offer is attractive i can even try to get someone to donate a box
if the idea of a sponsor link or some such is okay.

and, if no-one likes any of that, we could at least mirror it. ;)

--
brian d foy                              <br...@smithrenaud.com>
Director of Technology, Smith Renaud, Inc.