Posted to users@maven.apache.org by CodingPlayer <ro...@researchstudio.at> on 2008/02/15 15:26:27 UTC

[M2] directory layout: where to store example data?

Hi,

i just looked up the maven standard directory layout:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

trying to find out where to store example data, but i could not find
anything about it.

in detail, i have data examples (of .csv files) which i would like to store
in the projects folder, but they are not needed at runtime. These are just
examples for a better understanding.

so where should i store these files:

- /examples/data/.csv files

- /src/examples/data/.csv files

- /data/.csv files

would it make any difference at all or does maven ignore all non-maven
structured directories?

thx in advance
R.C.

Re: [M2] directory layout: where to store example data?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
It doesn't matter where you put it, unless you're using these files
during testing etc and then I'd put them in src/test/resources.

Wayne