Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by dyzc <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/30 01:00:27 UTC

Using nutch 1.3 in Eclipse

Hi, is there any information regarding working nutch 1.3 in eclipse? Thanks

Re: Using nutch 1.3 in Eclipse

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
The root as in the NUTCH_HOME? I don't use Eclipse but if it's asking for a
folder from which to run the stuff it should be runtime/local.

RE: Using nutch 1.3 in Eclipse

Posted by jeffersonzhou <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Using nutch 1.3 in Eclipse

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

RE: Using nutch 1.3 in Eclipse

Posted by jeffersonzhou <je...@gmail.com>.
thanks

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
You don't need to compile or run the code in Eclipse to debug Nutch. All you
need is to pass the appropriate JVM params with NUTCH_OPTS (sorry the actual
params are on my other laptop but I have mentioned it on the list several
times) and use remote debugging in Eclipse (assuming of course that Nutch
runs in non-distributed mode). Nutch is meant to be compiled with ANT and
ran with its script, however it could be interesting to investigate the use
of Karmasphere with Nutch for debugging and testing. Has anyone tried that?

As for understanding the code - well all its takes is to point to the
location of the sources + possibly use IvyDE for getting rid of the error
messages

Julien

requirement for anyone wishing to debug/understand how classes work in Nutch

--
*

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
http://www.digitalpebble.com

Re: Using nutch 1.3 in Eclipse

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
I will try to get a wiki entry for this sorted ASAP as it is a fundamental

Re: Using nutch 1.3 in Eclipse

Posted by Nutch User - 1 <nu...@gmail.com>.

RE: Using nutch 1.3 in Eclipse

Posted by jeffersonzhou <je...@gmail.com>.